(1) - Rolling resistance test - Rolling Resistance tests conducted on machine by Applus Idiada, on Michelin's request, June (on new) & August (on 2mm buffed) 2020, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V, comparing MICHELIN e.PRIMACY (new: 5.58kg/t & worn: 5.13kg/t) versus MICHELIN PRIMACY 4 (new: 7.74kg/t & worn: 6.25kg/t) ; BRIDGESTONE TURANZA T005 (new: 7.17kg/t & worn: 5.81kg/t) ; CONTINENTAL ECOCONTACT 6 (new: 6.39kg/t & worn: 5.49kg/t) ; CONTINENTAL PREMIUM CONTACT 6 (new: 8,93kg/t & worn: 6,94kg/t) ; DUNLOP BLURESPONSE (new: 7.97kg/t & worn: 5.54kg/t) ; GOODYEAR EFFICIENT GRIP 2 (new: 7.01kg/t & worn: 5.38kg/t) ; PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 BLUE (new: 6.96kg/t & worn: 6.30kg/t) ; PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 (new: 8.79kg/t & worn: 6.97kg/t).
(2) - MICHELIN e.PRIMACY category of tyres is defined as one of the Premium summer tyres such as CONTINENTAL, GOODYEAR, BRIDGESTONE, PIRELLI, DUNLOP brands, and which are not dedicated to Original Equipment application (i.e. not designed to achieve car manufacturers specific targets) but tyres that can be purchased from retailers.
(3) - Increased EV battery range and CO2 reduction - When new, MICHELIN e.PRIMACY generates 2kg/t on average Rolling Resistance less than competitors, equivalent in fuel consumption reduction of up to 0.21l/100km, equivalent of a gain in CO2 emission up to 5g for a VW Golf 7 1.5 TSI or equivalent of gain of up to 7% in autonomy for a VW e.Golf.
(4) - Longevity - Longevity test conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTER, on Michelin's request, June-July 2020, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V on VW Golf 7 comparing MICHELIN e.PRIMACY (100%) versus MICHELIN Primacy 4 (102.1%); Longevity test run in average real usage (D50) with 14.460 km run and extrapolated longevity at 1.6mm. Test winner ADAC Summer 2020 235/55 R17 test performed by ADAC on a Ford Kuga in 2020. This test was performed in 235/55 R17. Michelin Primacy 4 is the best of 12 tested tyres according to tested properties (wet, dry, noise, wear, fuel consumption). Michelin Primacy 4 is test winner with the following comments: "Very balanced with top marks in the wet, excellent low wear, very good in the dry" - Ranked 1.0 in Wear.
(5) - Increased fuel savings - During usage, MICHELIN e.PRIMACY generates 1.5kg/t on average Rolling Resistance less than competitors, gain is equivalent of up to €80 savings on fuel. This gain is equivalent of up to 174kg of CO2 saved. Usage gains are estimated on the average of new and buffed 2mm datas to take into account real life time performance -All gains are estimated on a base of 35,000km and a fuel price of €1.46/L (https://ec.europa.eu/energy/data-analysis/weekly-oil-bulletin_en 6/1/2020 weighted on the top 10 countries for motor vehicle movements on national and foreign territory - https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/transport/data/database). Actual fuel and cost savings may vary depending notably on driving habits, vehicle or tyre pressure.
(6) - Wet grip - MICHELIN e.PRIMACY is rated "B" on the Wet Grip Item of the European labelling scale.
(7) - New and worn - New and Worn (worn means worn on machine (buffed) to the depth of Tread Wear Indicator according to European regulation for Tread wear indicator ECE R30r03f), on 205/55 R16 91V MICHELIN e.Primacy, is above the R117 European regulation wet grip threshold. Estimated tyre longevity is 30.688kms according to Longevity test conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTER, on Michelin's request, June-July 2020, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V on VW Golf 7.
(8) - Driving habits - Eco-friendly driving depends notably on driving habits, vehicle or tyre pressure.
(9) - low fuel consumption - MICHELIN ENERGY SAVER+ has been awarded by AutoBild as "Eco Champion" in 2013, and 2018 with FULDA EcoControl HP.